Steadfast Athlete Roshan Kumar Diwakar cycles religiously. The 23-year old started his journey back in 2010 when he won gold in the Delhi State Cycling Championship. Roshan is an all-rounder cyclist. He excels at sprint finishes, is a good, and has great team-building skills. The Steadfast Athlete is currently the national champion and is training hard to win India’s first Olympic gold medal in cycling. Apart from cycling, Roshan also takes an interest in kabaddi and cooking. Roshan’s coach, Mr Arvind Panwar, is also a champion Steadfast Athlete.
Birthday: July 25, 1998
No food allergies
Food preferences: Non-veg
Coach: Arvind Panwar
Gym: Trains with his coach, Arvind Panwar, in Nainital
Favourite Sportsperson: Arvind Panwar
Date of joining Steadfast: September 30, 2021
AchievementsGold in the National Track Cycling Championship, Amritsar (2016).
- Bronze in 80 km road race (U-18), National Road Cycling Championship, Aligarh, UP (2016)
- Gold Medal in 4000 metre Team Pursuit, All India University Track Cycling Championship, Amritsar (2020)
- 6th place in 48 km criterium event, Senior National Road Cycling Championship, Panvel, Mumbai (2020)
- 2 Bronze Medals in 60 km Criterium & 40 km TTT, All India University, Bikaner (2021)
- 2nd Runner Up in 140km Mass Start Event, Senior National Road Cycling Championship, Kurukshetra (2021)
- 5th place in 15 km Scratch Race, Senior National Track Cycling Championship, Jaipur (2021)