Collastead contains high-quality collagen peptides derived from marine (fish) source with an additional boost of Rosehip Extract and Vitamin C. Collastead offers collagen in the form of peptides; which are smaller in size, of low molecular weight, easy to digest, highly absorbable and bioavailable. Since collagen has been procured from Type I (marine) source, this makes Collastead an excellent approach to keep our joints, bones, ligaments, tendons, connective tissue, hair, skin and nails healthy.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and made up of 19 amino acids including glycine, proline and hydroxyproline, which are found in comparatively higher amounts. It holds our body together and enables us to move, stretch and bend better. Collagen occurs throughout our body and is necessary for all of us. With ageing, our body produces less collagen and its level depletes naturally. Reduction of collagen might result in joints pain, weak cartilage, wrinkled skin, hair fall and poor immune health. Some other causative factors which lowers collagen levels are smoking, tobacco consumption, harmful ultraviolet sun rays, stress, excess sugar consumption and dietary insufficiency.
Role of vitamin C for the effectiveness of collagen is irrefutable. Vitamin C promotes the synthesis of collagen fibres and plays an essential role in connective tissue healing. It acts as a cofactor for the synthesis of proline and lysine hydroxylase that allow collagen fibres to form a stable structure. Vitamin C is present in high concentration in our skin. Its antioxidant property makes this vitamin an excellent fighter against free radicals, environmental pollutants, toxins and harmful ultra-violet (UV) rays.
Presence of Rosehip extract in Collastead has strengthen its health-boosting profile. It is extracted from the fruit - rosehip, of rose plant. Rosehip is popular across the globe due to its delicious flavour and wide-ranging health benefits. One of the exquisite advantages of rosehip is its strong anti-inflammatory property. Rosehip contains a type of galactolipid which accounts for its anti-inflammatory action. Multiple clinical trials identified rosehip extract beneficial, when it was given as a part of treatment during joints pain, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, rosehip also carries a promising level of antioxidants hence a boon for our heart, brain, skin and immune health.
Collastead has been formulated scientifically, it is completely safe and convenient to use. Offering such wide-range of health benefits in a tempting fruit punch flavour makes Collastead worth trying.
TYPES OF COLLAGEN
There are approximately 16 types of collagen found in our body but type I, II and III dominates the zone.
1. Type I - Being a major structural component of our skin, bones, tendons, muscles and other connective tissues; type I is an all-rounder collagen. It is derived from marine and is highly absorbable as compare to other types. It is also good for strengthening nails and grow our hair thicker and stronger. Marine collagen render multiple health benefits required for overall health and well-being. If you are looking for a collagen to maintain the hydration and elasticity of skin, minimize fine lines and wrinkles along with above mentioned assets then type I collagen is your ally.
2. Type II - Type II collagen is derived from chicken cartilage and is rich in chondroitin and glucosamine. It helps form the cartilage that acts as a protectant for our joints. This makes type II collagen beneficial especially for reducing joints pain and symptoms of arthritis.
3. Type III -This type is extracted from bovine. Type III is a fibrillar collagen and is found in blood vessels, liver, reproductive organs and bone marrow. It is crucial for better functioning of heart and at times also recommended in diseases like liver injury, kidney fibrosis, inflammation ofliver, etc.
BENEFITS OF COLLASTEAD
1. Alleviates Joints Pain - Collastead eases joints movement and reduces pain. When we lose collagen, our ligaments and tendons are unable to move with ease, resulting in swelling and stiffness. In a healthy joint, cartilage is lubricated by synovial fluid and covers the end of the bones.Cartilage is a connective tissue which is made up of collagen. During osteoarthritis, this cartilage gets affected due to less collagen and there is direct contact of bones resulting in joints pain, stiffness and inflammation. A 24-week study was conducted by Clark et al, 2008 on 147 athletes to examine the efficacy of collagen supplement on activity-related joint pain. These athletes had no previous history of joint pain and it was observed that collagen not only supported their joint health but also reduces risk of joint deterioration. Collastead being rich in collagen provides the basic structure for cartilage synthesis, strengthen joints, improves mobility and flexibility with reduced pain.
2. Reduces inflammation - Collastead has a wide array of amino acid profile. One of them is glycine, possessing strong anti-inflammatory properties.Glycine has a potential in easing pain, soreness and reducing inflammation by suppressing the activation of certain inflammatory cytokines. In addition, rosehip present in Collastead also helps curtail inflammation. Galactolipid present in rosehip diminishes the production of certain pro-inflammatory cytokines like InterLeukin 1 beta, InterLeukin 6 and InterLeukin 12. It reduces the levels of C-reactive protein, which are produced in liver in response to inflammation.
3. Powerful Antioxidant - One of the abundant amino acids - glycine, present in Collastead is also needed for the production of Glutathione - an antioxidant naturally produced in our body. Glutathione in combination with antioxidant properties of vitamin C and rosehip, acts together in our body to shield our healthy cells and tissues, against free radicals and oxidative stress. This in turn narrows the risk of developing cancer, certain cardiovascular and brain disorders.
4. Reduces Skin Ageing - Collagen is well-known for its anti-ageing properties. It is used widely by cosmetic industry in anti-ageing, skin tightening creams, lotions and beauty serums. As we tend to lose collagen with age, it begins to appear on our skin as well. Collagen helps in maintaining the skin elasticity, hydration and tightness of skin. It minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, dryness and fine lines giving a healthy glow to our skin. Collastead being a rich source of collagen and antioxidants help keeps us young, repairs skin damage and brightens it.
5. Healthy Hair and Nails - Our hair and nails are primarily made up of protein called keratin. Lack of collagen also results in hair thinning and brittle nails. Collastead helps in keeping nails and hair strong and shiny. This is due to the fact that collagen contains proline amino acid in abundance, which is required to build keratin protein. Our hair roots are attached to the middle layer of skin which contains approx. 70% of collagen. Less of collagen makes hair roots weak, resulting in hair fall. So if you are looking for a one-stop remedy for hair fall, hair thinning and brittle nails, then Collastead is the answer.
6. Promotes Muscle Synthesis - Being abundant in amino acids especially some conditionally essential ones like arginine, glycine and proline, Collastead assists in the synthesis of muscle proteins. It is beneficial especially for athletes involved in strenuous physical activities due to the presence of glycine. Glycine is also utilized by our body to naturally synthesize creatine, which acts as a fuel for workout and provides stamina.
7. Strengthens Gut - Collastead helps in improving digestive health and boost gut health by providing necessary amino acids - glycine and glutamine, needed to maintain a healthy blood-intestine barrier. This prohibits certain toxins and unwanted foreign bodies, enter our intestine and interfere with the functioning. Presence of glutamine makes Collastead excellent for people suffering from leaky gut andIBS. Studies have also shown glycine and proline present in Collastead, as effective inhibitors of stomach ulcers.
8. Improved Sleep Quality - Glycine present in Collastead also helps in improving the sleep quality. Glycine has been strongly associated with its brain calming effects. It increases the levels of serotonin, control the symptoms of sleep deprivation and helps normalize sleep cycle.
1. Athletes - Strength and endurance athletes are always required to maintain a healthy muscle mass for better athletic performance. Collastead supplies the required aminos needed for muscle synthesis and growth. Athletes also tend to exert lot of pressure on their joints and bones, Collastead protects their joints, ligaments and tendons from getting damaged and improves their movement and flexibility.
2. People suffering from joints pain - With increasing age and lack of adequate diet, health issues like joints pain, osteoarthritis, etc. are rising. Severe pain, inflamed and stiff joints makes difficult for a person to even deal with simple day-to day activities. Collastead is a boon for such people as it soothes the pain and inflammation. It also helps repair cartilage and prevents the disorder from progressing further.
3. Anyone desiring for a youthful skin - Collastead being rich in type Icollagen and antioxidants works supremely to give you a ravishing skin. It slows down ageing process and helps fade wrinkles, blemishes and fine lines giving you a smooth, supple and youthful skin.
4. People suffering from hair fall - Instead of spending thousands of bucks on expensive keratin treatments for smooth and lustrous hair, opt for Collastead and allow your body to naturally produce keratin. Collastead is a convenient, economical and safe way to keep your hair and nails healthy, shiny and prevent breakage.
5. Anyone for overall well-being - It is a scientific proven fact that we all tend to lose collagen as we grow. Since it is imperative to maintain required collagen levels in our body so as to protect from getting any connective tissue, bone, joint, skin, ligament and tendon health complications. Collastead provides an all rounder type I collagen, which is found in plentiful in our body so anyone can make use of it for overall health and wellness.
WHEN TO TAKE COLLASTEAD?
Collastead can be taken at anytime during the day.
HOW TO TAKE COLLASTEAD?
Mix one sachet (10 g) in 100 ml water. Consume one serving daily.
CONTAINS PERMITTED SYNTHETIC FOOD COLOUR (INS 132) AND ADDED NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL BLUEBERRY FLAVOURING SUBSTANCES.
Nutritional Value Certificate / Steroids and Heavy Metals Certificate
1. What is collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body. It holds our body together and enables us to move, stretch and bend better.
2. What is the source of collagen in Collastead?
Collastead contains collagen peptides which has been derived from marine or type I source.
3. What is the role of vitamin C?
Vitamin C promotes the synthesis of collagen fibres and plays an essential role in connective tissue healing. It acts as a cofactor for the synthesis of proline and lysine hydroxylase that allow collagen fibres to form a stable structure.
4. What is the benefit of adding Rosehip plant extract in Collastead?
Rosehip plant extract is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which makes Collastead excellent for reducing joints pain and inflammation. Also, rosehip plant is rich in antioxidants, making it good for our eyes, brain, heart and skin health.
5. How much amount of Rosehip plant extract is present in Collastead?
Each serving sachet (10 g) of Collastead provides 400 mg of Rosehip plant extract.
6. Can I take Collastead with my protein shake?
Collastead can be taken along with any unflavoured protein shake, post workout or at anytime of the day.
7. How much collagen is present in one serving of Collastead?
Each serving sachet (10 g) of Collastead provides 8 g of collagen.
8. Can I take Collastead if I have a sedentary lifestyle?
Collastead can easily be consumed by any person who doesn’t have any physical activity schedule, for general well-being.