BCAAs (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)
BCAAs (branched chain amino acids) are essential amino acids our body requires to synthesize and grow new muscles. They are: leucine, isoleucine, and valine, which improve athletic performance by building and repairing tissues and fuelling muscles with energy. A BCAA supplement delays fatigue, reduces muscle soreness, and sustains muscles during comprehensive workouts.
Steadfast Nutrition has the best BCAA supplements at the best price for people aiming at fast muscle recovery. Check BCAA Price.
Types of Amino Acids(Essential/Conditionally-Essential)
There are 20 amino acids of which 11 are non essential and the remaining are essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, valine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, and tryptophan. Arginine and glutamine are conditionally essential amino acids - our body cannot synthesize them during stress or illness.
Histidine is an essential amino acid that grows and repairs tissues and helps form blood cells.
Leucine is an essential amino acid that activates protein synthesis, increases muscle growth and lean muscle mass, heals skin and bones, and helps manage blood sugar levels by reducing insulin resistance.
Like Leucine, isoleucine regulates blood glucose and helps heal wounds. It’s essential for forming hemoglobin and red blood cells and helps prevent anemia.
Lysine helps absorb iron, calcium, and zinc and is essential to form collagen, a protein that repairs wounds, speeding up wound healing and reducing recovery time.
Valine helps in the biosynthesis of protein, muscle metabolism, tissue repair, and maintenance of nitrogen balance in the body.
Methionine, an antioxidant, may help protect the body from damage caused by ionizing radiation.
It’s converted to tyrosine, which helps in motor control and stress response and regulates mood. Phenylalanine is present in both plant and animal foods.
Threonine is an essential amino acid that supports immune function and is used by the thymus to form T-cells, which fight foreign bodies.
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid required for protein synthesis. After absorption, tryptophan is converted into 5-HTP and serotonin, a hormone that regulates mood, emotions, appetite, and metabolism.
Glutamine is a conditionally-essential amino acid critical for immune function. It helps in muscle recovery, improves intestinal health, and helps expel excess ammonia from the body. Glutamine supplements help gain muscle and reduce fatigue or delayed muscle soreness during workout sessions, strengthening performance. Glutamine is an antioxidant that fights free radicals in the body and reduces oxidative stress.
Arginine, a conditionally essential amino acid, is a precursor to nitric oxide, which helps dilate blood vessels, increasing the supply of nutrients, blood, and oxygen in the body.
Benefits of BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids)
Branched chain amino acids contain leucine, which initiates muscle protein synthesis by reducing muscle catabolism.
BCAAs help delay fatigue during intensive workout sessions by replenishing levels of tryptophan, a chemical that converts into serotonin- a neurotransmitter that delays fatigue.
BCAAs help in weight loss by improving metabolic performance. BCAA intake with exercise increases energy demand, causing the body to utilize reserve fat, which may help in weight loss.
Reduce Muscle Soreness:
Several research studies show that BCAAs reduce the length and severity of delayed onset of muscle soreness after a workout by decreasing muscle damage.
When consumed during a workout, BCAA supplements help improve endurance by reducing muscle fatigue and preventing muscle breakdown during long-duration activities when glycogen stores are depleted.
Increase Lean Mass:
Branched Chain Amino Acids help increase metabolism, promoting fat-burning. Taken after a comprehensive workout, BCAAs burn fat into energy, increasing lean muscle mass. Check BCAA Protein Price Now.
When Should You Take BCCAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids)?
Take BCAAs at any time of the day, preferably during a workout. Mix one 15 g sachet of Steadfast Nutrition’s Active BCAA in 300 ml of water or juice. Shake well before consuming to avoid lump formation.
Best BCAA Supplements in India for Men and Women in 2023
If you’re looking for amino acid supplements to boost muscle growth and performance Steadfast Nutrition is a good choice. We have the best amino acids for muscle growth and the best arginine supplements that improve performance and prevent muscle breakdown.
1. Active BCAA- The Best BCAA Supplement
- Active BCAA is the best supplement for muscle growth and tissue repair. As the name suggests, it has all the branched-chain amino acids - Isoleucine, leucine, and valine- in the ideal 2:1:1 ratio, which plays an important role in stimulating muscle protein synthesis and reducing muscle soreness and fatigue.
- Active BCAA works best for endurance and strength athletes, including bodybuilders, weightlifters, and powerlifters. It contains L-Arginine, which improves blood flow and nutrient supply to the muscles and glutamine, which prevents muscle catabolism and increases anabolism, contributing to new muscle synthesis.
- A serving (15 g) of Active BCAA provides 5000 mg of BCAAs, 1000 mg of L- Glutamine, and 500 mg of L-Arginine. Check the BCAA powder price.
2) Power Glutamine- The Best Glutamine Supplement
- Steadfast Nutrition’s Power Glutamine provides 5 g of L-Glutamine, which helps in muscle synthesis and recovery and improves gut health and immune function.
- Power Glutamine benefits endurance and strength athletes as it enhances muscle tissue growth, reduces muscle soreness, and helps in faster muscle recovery.
- Glutamine powder plays an important role in new muscle synthesis by promoting the secretion of the growth hormone, which stimulates new muscle growth. Steadfast Nutrition is among the best BCAA brands in India. Check Steadfast Glutamine price range.
- Steadfast Nutrition’s PlayStead is a high-quality pre-workout supplement containing eight amino acids, Carnitine, Creatine Monohydrate, and Caffeine, which boost energy and increase muscle strength, alertness, and endurance. The supplement is suited for professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts who work out daily.
- The eight amino acids in PlayStead: Beta-Alanine (1215 mg), leucine, isoleucine, valine (950 mg), Tyrosine (600 mg), Citrulline (2000 mg), Arginine (300 mg), and Ornithine (300 mg) help in muscle protein synthesis, reduce muscle fatigue and soreness, and accelerate muscle recovery, increasing endurance.
- L-arginine, citrulline, ornithine, and creatine in PlayStead increase strength and stamina.
- Steadfast Nutrition’s L-arginine supplement contains 500 mg of L-arginine that enhances sports performance by increasing nutrient and oxygen supply to muscles.
- L-arginine increases muscle pump- it helps synthesise creatine, which forms ATP, fuelling muscles with energy. By supporting healthy blood flow and energy production, arginine improves muscle pumping. Check L Arginine price range.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do athletes and fitness enthusiasts trust Steadfast Nutrition’s BCAA powder?
Ans: Steadfast Nutrition’s BCAA powder is sought after by the best athletes in the country. The supplements are FSSAI-approved and are available online. You can purchase them from anywhere in India and abroad. Before making a purchase, you can browse the Steadfast Nutrition website for the best BCAA supplements and get detailed information about the products, choosing them according to your requirement. Besides amino acids, Steadfast Nutrition has a variety of supplements in the categories of recovery, mass gainer, daily essentials, energy, and wellness.
2. What is the best natural source of BCAA?
Ans: Natural sources of BCAA are chicken, fish, eggs, chickpeas, mushrooms, almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, and pumpkin seeds.
3. How do BCAAs work?
Ans: BCAAs help the body synthesize protein. Branched Chain Amino Acid supplements nourish the muscles during a workout and enhance athletic performance by improving stamina. They restore glycogen levels, which works as a fuel to produce energy during comprehensive workouts.
4. How to choose BCAA supplements?
Ans: Always buy BCAA supplements that are FSSAI-approved and certified by credible labs.
5. Why use BCAA supplements?
Ans: If you are a regular gym goer or athlete, you can take BCAA supplements regularly to improve athletic performance and prevent muscle breakdown. BCAA supplements may reduce muscle soreness and muscle wasting. Use them during a workout to minimize tissue breakdown.
6. What to consider when buying BCAA supplements?
Ans: Choose BCAA supplements that have the highest content of leucine than isoleucine and valine and are free of sugar, additives, and preservatives.
7. When to take BCAAs?
Ans: You can take BCAA supplements before, during, or after a workout. Taking them before and during a workout helps provide adequate fuel to muscles to maintain energy levels. Take BCAA supplements after a workout to reduce muscle soreness and recover muscles.
8. What are the side effects of BCAAs?
Ans: In large doses, BCAA supplements may cause stomach problems such as nausea, diarrhea, and bloating.
9. Is it better to drink BCAAs before or after a workout?
Ans: You can drink BCAA before, after, or during a workout. The only difference is that taking BCAA before a performance will help you deliver energy throughout the workout session, while after will help in muscle recovery by reducing muscle damage. One has to be particular about the correct dosage of the BCAA supplement.
10. What is the best time to take BCAAs?
Ans: Take BCAAs during or after a workout to reduce muscle soreness and fasten muscle recovery.
11. How should you consume BCAA?
Ans: Mix the BCAA powder in 300 ml water or juice.
12. How much BCAA should I take in a day?
Ans: There are no specific recommendations regarding the consumption of BCAA. Consume it according to your needs and on the advice of a healthcare practitioner. The typical BCAA dosage for muscle building and recovery is 10-20 g everyday.
13. Do BCAAs increase muscle mass?
Ans: When combined with a healthy diet and workout routine, BCAAs help build muscle mass. Leucine is the most beneficial for muscle growth as it stimulates muscle protein synthesis.