Whey protein hydrolysate (WPH) is the purest and most superior form of whey protein which is made through the process of hydrolysis. In this process, protein chains are broken into smaller segments called peptides which are easily absorbed by the body. Due to the better digestion and absorption rate of WPH in comparison to any other form of whey proteins, it is used to accelerate the recovery process and protein synthesis.
Steadfast Warmax protein maximises performance by the action of ultra-fast releasing whey protein isolate and whey protein hydrolysate. It works by improving the performance and stamina of professional athletes involved in heavy body-building, powerlifting, or deadlifting. Warmax speeds up muscle recovery, and lowers oxidative stress and muscle soreness. Warmax is the most exclusive formulation of Steadfast Nutrition that is specially designed for strength athletes. It delivers 32 grams of protein per serving and contains ultra-fast releasing proteins that get quickly absorbed in the body. It also contains Branched Chain Amino Acids- Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, which support muscle synthesis and recovery.
Ingredients of Warmax and their role:
1. Whey protein isolate: Whey protein isolate is the cleanest and purest form of whey as it has about 90% protein content. It contains all the essential amino acids that help repair the body after a workout session. As these essential amino acids cannot be made by our bodies, it becomes important to get them through diet or supplements. Since whey isolate is low in fats and carbohydrates, it provides the body with the protein it needs without loading with extra fat and carbohydrates. Isolate is a good option for lactose sensitive or intolerant people due to its low lactose content (usually less than 1%). However, consider consulting your doctor before going for it.
2. Whey protein hydrolysate: Hydrolysed protein is the pre-digested form of protein that gets rapidly absorbed in the body. It is less likely to cause stomach discomfort, diarrhoea, bloating and cramping, especially in lactose intolerants. It helps in faster muscle recovery due to its quick absorbability in the gastro-intestinal tract and is readily available to the body. Whey hydrolysate is relatively lower in carbohydrates and fats as it has undergone the process of hydrolysis. This makes it a great option for people following a low-carbohydrate and low-fat diet.
3. Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder contains minerals like, iron, zinc, and selenium which boost the immune system. It also improves attention and may help restore cognitive performance in people facing insomnia. Cocoa powder contains magnesium that helps maintain healthy muscle and nerve functioning. It is rich in powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, which may improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.
4. L-Carnitine: It allows the stored fat to be used as energy for performing various bodily activities. It also accelerates metabolism. L-Carnitine is a conditionally essential nutrient that is required during a strenuous workout for better performance. It also helps relieve fatigue by decreasing muscle soreness. Moreover, it helps build a lean and shredded physique.
5. Rosehip extract: A good source of Vitamin C, rosehip extract lowers the inflammation in the body. The high content of vitamin C reduces the oxidative stress resulting from intensive weight lifting training. It also helps to alleviate DOMS (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness) effect.
6. Sweeteners (INS 950 and INS 955): INS 955 is acesulfame potassium and INS 950 is sucralose. Artificial sweeteners are derived from naturally-occurring substances like herbs or sugar itself. They are also called intense sweeteners as they are many times sweeter than the commonly used table sugar. Hence, these sweeteners are required to be added in much smaller amounts as compared to sugar.
7. Thickener (INS 415): INS 415 or xanthan gum is mainly used as a thickener to increase the viscosity of fluids without altering other properties of food. It is widely used in foods such as fruit drinks, fruit juice concentrates, sauces, and salad dressing. It also acts as an emulsifier by improving the protein stability, and preventing protein precipitation by stabilising the oil/water emulsion.
8. Protease Enzyme: Protease enzymes are a group of proteolytic enzymes that break down protein. These enzymes hydrolyse the peptide bonds present in proteins and convert them to shorter polypeptides and amino acids. Protease play a significant role in the metabolisation and absorption of dietary proteins. Other biological processes regulated by proteases include blood coagulation, immune function, bone formation, among others.
L-Arginine, a naturally occurring amino acid in Warmax, increases nitric oxide supply in the blood, ensuring a consistent oxygen supply and other nutrients to the muscles. It helps boost the overall performance of the athletes during training and competition.
Directions to take Warmax: Warmax protein can be taken by powerlifters, weightlifters, and bodybuilders, since it delivers fast-acting proteins required to improve their muscle size, strength and endurance. It can also be taken during the shredding phase of figure or physique athletes as it has high protein and low carbohydrate content. The presence of L-Carnitine in Warmax further supports weight loss. Warmax is recommended for consumption after a strength training workout. However, one can consume it at any time of the day. Mix one sachet of 40 grams in 200 ml water in a shaker. Shake well and consume.
Human case study on benefits of rosehip extract: