Energy source for Full Marathon: Snergy, Carborance and Power Active
1. Snergy (pre/during run): Snergy provides multi-source simple carbohydrates along with essential vitamins and minerals which instantly releases energy and helps replenish lost electrolyte stores. It helps to keep energy levels high and maintain electrolyte balance.
2. Carborance (during run): The "Carbohydrates" for Endurance, is a blend of simple and complex carbs along with essential electrolytes, designed especially for endurance athletes who are involved in more than 2 hours of intense activities. Carborance is ideal for a long-distance run lasting more than 2 hours to maintain energy levels by providing sustained carbohydrates while running.
3. Power active (pre/during/post-run): It contains a blend of easy to digest proteins with multi-source carbohydrates to provide energy. Power Active assists perfectly as a pre-meal in keeping the energy levels up and preventing muscle damage. Additionally, the presence of vitamins, minerals and special ingredients helps boost a runner’s performance. A pre-run meal should optimally provide all the required nutrients, including an adequate intake of carbohydrates and proteins. When protein is consumed before a run, it reduces muscle damage and increases the process of recovery. Additionally, the presence of vitamins, minerals and special ingredients helps boost a runner's performance.
Recovery sources for Full Marathon (Post Running): Protein consumption post running helps to maximise muscle recovery and reduce cramps.
1. Power Protein: Protein helps in maintaining muscle strength, in particular, the maximum contraction of your quads (the muscle group that extends your knees) which can help improve short-distance running performance.
2. Incredible Isolate: Endurance athletes often tend to overlook protein over carbohydrates. But it has been shown that when carbohydrates are consumed along with proteins post-workout, it increases their body’s ability to replenish lost glycogen reserves. Therefore, Incredible Isolate is a perfect protein to meet the immediate post-match demands of athletes. 1-2 sachets of Incredible Isolate per day is recommended for endurance athletes.
3. Liv Raw: A great form of fast absorption protein for long-distance runners, for maximising muscle recovery and synthesis.
4. Incredible Whey: it is a blend of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate with added benefits of essential vitamins, minerals and digestive enzymes.
Supportive Recovery for a full marathon (to be included in training diet): Assists in improving a runner’s immunity, keeps the tendons and ligaments strong hence reducing the risk of a sprain and strain; reduces inflammation, oxidative stress and keeps joints, bones, heart, brain, digestion and eyes healthy.
1. Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 levels affect athletic performance. Various factors like season, weather, indoor or outdoor sport contributes to determining the vitamin D3 level of an athlete. A 2009 study at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas found that 75 percent of runners averaging 20 miles a week have low vitamin D3 levels. We would recommend you to consume 2 capsules of SN Vitamin D3 per day.
2. Fish Oil: Prolonged and intense activity levels of an athlete lead to extra inflammation in the body, which can put the body at a higher risk of infection and illness because of suppressed immunity. Therefore, adding SN Fish Oil can boost immunity and reduce the chances of infection, which improves the overall health of an athlete.
3. Multivitamin: Sports like marathons demand to perform for a longer duration. Excess of sweat and electrolyte loss might result in fatigue, muscle cramps and joint pain. Due to these increased needs, endurance athletes are required to supply an extra dosage of these nutrients to give their maximal output. 1-2 capsules of SN Multivitamin per day supports these increased demands and meets the adequacy level.
4. Collastead: Endurance athletes are always required to maintain a healthy muscle mass for better athletic performance. Collastead supplies the required amino needed for muscle synthesis and growth. Athletes also tend to exert a lot of pressure on their joints and bones, Collastead protects their joints, ligaments and tendons from getting damaged and improves their movement and flexibility.
5. Tri Fibre: Consuming an adequate amount of fibre is important to get the right amount of calories in a diet, many times fibre gets neglected as it is low in calories and fills up the stomach soon. Therefore, Tri Fibre is an easy way to add fibre to the diet as it is odourless, colourless and tasteless which can be easily consumed with water twice a day.
Leave a comment