Milk protein comprises 80% casein and 20% whey protein. Casein digests much slowly than whey protein and hence helps with overnight muscle synthesis. The longest gap between meals is when we sleep at night. While sleeping, our body regenerates itself from all the wear and tear happened during the day. That’s when protein becomes a key nutrient that provides all the required amino acids to the body that can prevent muscle breakdown while sleeping.   

Constituents of Steadfast MiCasein and their benefits:

Micellar Casein: Micellar casein is produced by micro-filtration which can concentrate the casein micellar segments. When casein is isolated from milk it entraps the calcium and phosphorous between its micellar structure. The proteins whey and casein differ in various aspects such as solubility, digestion time, amino acid profile, and absorption. Compared to whey, casein gets dispersed into the water and forms a micelle structure that provides stability to the molecule. It takes at least eight hours to digest and hence, is slowly absorbed into the human digestive tract. This slow-releasing protein promotes muscle protein synthesis and consequently prevents muscle protein breakdown in a long duration of starvation. Unlike whey protein, casein contains glutamine in a generous amount which inhibits tissue breakdown and helps in gradual recovery.

1. Builds muscle mass: Casein protein is slow digesting and provides a gentle flow of amino acids while sleeping. Our body releases human growth hormone while sleeping, which is important for building lean muscle mass, but this process requires available protein for synthesis. Taking casein at night before bed helps support the mechanism throughout the night and results in more muscle growth.

2. Speeds up the fat loss: Both whey and casein protein, when included in a calorie-controlled diet along with resistance training, may help protect lean mass and promote more fat loss. Casein reduces the speed at which the body breaks down protein, making one feel fuller for longer and thereby curbing late-night hunger. 

3. Improves recovery: Good nutrition and consistent workout go hand-in-hand to make muscles grow strong. Casein supplementation repairs, maintains, and grows muscles gradually during the nighttime when the body is at the recovery stage. Muscle fibres get damaged after an intensive workout, Hence, our body needs protein and amino acids to repair and build the damaged tissues. Casein can supply protein for about eight hours after a workout which improves the recovery process. 

4. Improves colon health: MiCasein helps in improving colon health because of it micellar nature that gradually delivers the organs the required energy. The slow and steady release of amino acids helps in improving colon health over time.

5. Boosts immunity: MiCasein boosts immunity by improving free radical scavenging in cells, and preventing free radical damage. Casein protein contains many different types of peptides, including glutamine amino acid that boosts formation of the antioxidant glutathione.  

The benefits of micellar casein are many, ranging from prolonged muscle recovery to having anti-bacterial properties. Cow's milk generally contains two types of protein, the majority is casein which is about 80% and the rest 20% is whey. The basic difference between these two is their digestion time. Casein protein is digested slowly over time while, whey protein is digested quickly. Buy when protein. Casein is a complete protein source as it provides all the essential amino acids our body needs for growth and repair. Its protein digestibility corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS) is also 1 which indicates the highest quality. 

The protein requirements are different for an athlete and a sedentary person. Even strength athletes require more protein than endurance athletes. Thus many nutritionists and sports experts believe that high-intensity training requires more protein for muscle synthesis, enhanced recovery, and repair of body tissues. The slow recovery protein can be consumed by anyone irrespective of their gender.

Directions to consume MiCasein: 

Empty the contents of one sachet (25 grams) in 250-300 ml water or milk. Mix well and consume. MiCasein can be taken before bed as it provides a slow release of amino acids to support recovery up to eight hours. The consistent and gradual release of amino acids prevents muscle breakdown, improves sleep quality, and enhances the overall muscle growth.  

The long gaps in between meals can lead to starvation, which can cause muscle depletion in the body to be used as an energy source. That’s when MiCasein can be taken as a mid-meal to avoid muscle breakdown and minimise the damage. Additionally, MiCasein can help manage weight as it provides satiety and helps prevent any junk or excess food intake.  




Human case study on uses of casein protein: www.mensjournal.com/


Buy Online Protein PowderBuy Now

You may also like

View all