Fibre is the indigestible parts of plant foods, such as vegetables, fruits, grains, beans and legumes. It is a type of carbohydrate that helps keep our digestive systems healthy.
There are three different types of fibre with each having different functions and health benefits.
1) Soluble Fibre-It helps to slow the emptying process in our stomach, that makes you feel fuller. It also helps to lower cholesterol and stabilise your blood glucose levels.
Soluble fibre is found in fruits, vegetables, oats, barley and legumes.
2) Insoluble Fibre-It absorbs water to help soften the contents of our bowels and support regular bowel movements. It also helps to keep us full.
Insoluble fibre is found in wholegrain bread and cereals, nuts, seeds, wheat bran, and the skin of fruit & vegetables.
3) Resistant Starch-It is not digested in the small intestine and instead proceeds to the large intestine where it can assist in the production of good bacteria and improves bowel health.
Resistant starch is found in undercooked pasta, under-ripe bananas, rice and cooked & cooled potatoes.
Why is Fibre Important for cricketers?
Dietary fibre is important for cricketers as it is good for their digestive health and regular bowel movements.
It also helps cricketers feel fuller for longer with an improvement in cholesterol and blood sugar levels while preventing some diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and bowel cancer. Cricketers need to maintain their gut health and avoid constipation.
To help the athletes maintain their gut health, Steadfast Nutrition has introduced a premium product called Tri Fibre®, which is a blend of soluble fibres which helps in improving the health and overall well-being of organs. It comprises Resistant Maltodextrin, Inulin and Partially Hydrolysed Guar Gum that is formulated to improve the colon health and support the good bacteria in the digestive system. Tri Fibre® is a tasteless, odourless and colourless water-soluble fibre, which is easy to consume and necessary to fulfil the required level of fibre in a diet.
Tri Fibre® has many benefits like managing obesity, managing glycemic response, maintaining gut health, lowers cholesterol, alleviates constipation and helps in organ detoxification.
Tri Fibre® is a special blend which slows down digestion and provides satiety for a longer period. It is a low-calorie formula which provides the required fibre important for digestive health. let me tell you what’s inside, it has the following ingredients-
1. Resistant Maltodextrin-It is a soluble dietary fibre which is important for maintaining a healthy intestinal regularity, blood glucose levels and serum lipids. It is gluten-free and reduces the digestion time essential to manage the serum glucose levels. It helps in managing the appetite hormones with better satiety and improves the bowel movement that relieves from occasional constipation.
2. Inulin-It is a naturally occurring polysaccharide and belongs to the class of dietary fibre known as ‘fructans.’ Inulin is generally found in the roots or rhizomes in the plant as they are generally used for storing energy. It is extracted from chicory roots which are known for its prebiotic property.
3. Guar Gum-It is a plant polysaccharide chemically composed of the sugars ‘galactose’ and ‘mannose’. It is water-soluble and forms a gel-like structure which is shown to improve satiety. Regular consumption of this fibre improves colon health as gut bacteria helps ferment this fibre to utilise it for their feed.
Tri Fibre® can be consumed anytime, it is colourless, tasteless and odourless. It can be easily mixed with water and can be taken with a meal or in between meals. It can be consumed by weight watchers, patients or people of all age groups.