Burpees is one of the most followed workout regimes as it is most effective when it comes to staying active. People have a love-hate relationship with burpees as it is so exhausting yet satisfying as it burns fat as fast as it builds muscle.
What are burpees?
Burpees are a combination of a squat, squat thrust, squat jump and push-up. Now, it’s a part of a ton of HIIT and circuit training routines.
Beginners can do 7 minutes of burpees, while at an advanced stage 5 mins can be enough as the speed of burpees increases. Keep going and level up your exercise routine with time.
Steps to follow for a standard burpee set:
1. Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, your arms at your sides and concentrating weight in your heels.
2. Lower your body into a squat position and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
3. With your weight on your hands, kick your feet back so you’re on your hands and toes, and in a pushup position.
4. Keeping your body straight from head to heels, perform a pushup.
5. Jump your feet in and under your body, knees close to your elbows.
6. Jumping your feet back to their starting position to stand and reach your arms over your head.
7. Repeat the whole set over until you feel the need to stop.
Benefits of Burpees:
- Burns calories
- Boosts cardio fitness and burns fat
- Improved blood flow
- Lower blood pressure
- Improved brain function
It is a wonderful exercise to perform as it requires no equipment or huge space, just get yourselves going to achieve your daily target and see how you grow stronger.