Having a salubrious meal in the morning keeps one energised and alert throughout the day. This is the main reason why most people are inclined towards health drinks that provide a good nutrition status, are fat-free, and ensure overall well-being. Power Active is a health drink that is meant for active people. It consists of both macronutrients and micronutrients. It supplies you all essential nutrients which are required to maintain a well-balanced nutritious status. Besides this, Power Active offers health benefits such as improved concentration power, better immunity, and muscle hypertrophy. Additionally, it helps one lead an active and hassle-free life.
Ingredients and their roles:
- Whey protein concentrate: Whey protein is extracted from whey, the watery part of milk that gets separated from the curds while making cheese. Whey protein is a popular protein supplement due to its fast-releasing properties. Whey promotes muscle mass and adds healthy calories to the diet. It is an effective way to compensate for muscle breakdown during workout sessions. Whey protein concentrate generally has 60-80% percent of protein. Fats and carbohydrates make up for the remaining percentage.
- Fructose: Fructose has a low glycemic index, and provides a slow and steady release of energy for muscles to work efficiently. It helps fitness enthusiasts and athletes to restore their depleted glycogen reserves in muscles and liver after a strenuous workout.
- Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder contains phenethylamine that works best to enhance mood and works as an antidepressant. It also possesses the properties of antioxidant and flavonoid that helps improve heart health.
- Skimmed milk powder: Skimmed milk powder is derived from skimmed milk which is a good source of calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, and several other nutrients. 2 tbsp of skim milk powder provides 3 grams of proteins. Including good protein sources in every meal can prevent unusual and excessive food cravings. It can also delay age-related muscle loss and keep your lean muscle mass intact during the weight loss process.
- Maltodextrin: This complex carbohydrate helps in providing sustained energy during endurance activities, preventing the chances of insulin drop.
- Tri-calcium phosphate: Tri-calcium phosphate helps in cell functioning, growth of the bones, and energy production. It is also used as an effective nutritional supplement since it is readily absorbed in the body.
- dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate: Tocopheryl acetate is a specific type of vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant. It helps treat vitamin E deficiency, promotes healthy skin, helps with wound healing, lowers inflammation, and improves cognitive function.
- L-Ascorbic acid: Ascorbic acid is a form of vitamin C found naturally in most fruits and vegetables. Ascorbic acid has good bioavailability and acts as an important co-factor during collagen biosynthesis.
- Nicotinamide: Nicotinamide is a form of vitamin B3 that helps to decrease anxiety and stress in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. It also helps in preventing insulin resistance, inflammation, osteoarthritis, and hyperphosphatemia.
- Calcium D-pantothenate: Calcium D-pantothenate is a salt of vitamin B5 which helps increase hair growth, and prevents hypocalcemia (low calcium levels in the blood), vitamin B deficiency, and postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Retinyl acetate: Retinyl Acetate is a form of retinol, that is a preformed source of vitamin A. It is an essential nutrient that helps in vision, immune function, taste, hearing, appetite, skin renewal, bone development, and growth.
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride: Pyridoxine hydrochloride or vitamin B6, is needed by the body for utilisation of energy, production of red blood cells, proper nerve functioning and, prevention of vitamin B6 deficiency.
- Riboflavin: Riboflavin helps in the metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. It plays a vital role in the body’s energy supply, and the development of the skin and blood cells.
- Thiamine hydrochloride: Thiamine Hydrochloride is the hydrochloride salt form of thiamine- a vitamin that helps prevent complications of the nervous system, muscles, heart, stomach, and intestines. It also helps in electrolytes’ movement in and out of the muscle and nerve cells.
- n-pteroyl-l-glutamic acid: n-pteroyl-l-glutamic acid is a folate derivative found in foods like yeast, spinach, beef, liver, and peas. Glutamic acid is an amino acid used by the body to synthesize proteins and is the most common stimulating neurotransmitter in the nervous system.
- Ergocalciferol: Ergocalciferol is a type of vitamin D used in dietary supplements that helps the body use more calcium. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body. It enables healthy bone growth and prevents the risk of bone problems such as rickets, osteomalacia or, osteoarthritis.
- D-Biotin: D-biotin or vitamin B-7 helps in various metabolic processes in the body. It is responsible for lipid and protein metabolism and converts food into glucose. It also helps in maintaining skin and hair health.
- Phylloquinone: Phylloquinone or vitamin K helps in the formation of proteins required for blood clotting and building bones. Prothrombin is a vitamin K-dependent protein that is directly related to blood clotting. Vitamin K can also be used under circumstances when antibiotics have killed bacteria in the intestines that help in vitamin K synthesis.
- Cyanocobalamin: Cyanocobalamin or vitamin B12 helps produce red blood cells and nerve cells. It also supports the synthesis of amino acids and converts carbohydrates into energy. Vitamin B12 delays muscle fatigue and tiredness, thereby enhancing strength and endurance.
- L-Carnitine: It helps the body to turn fat into energy. High levels of L-carnitine in the body help to boost metabolism, aiding in fat loss. It further aids in strengthening the body’s immune system.
- Taurine: Taurine helps increase physical stamina and improves athletic performance. It also promotes good mental health and helps with anxiety and insomnia. Taurine supplements are also used to relieve cramps, muscle soreness, and fatigue.
This wholesome product nourishes you with all the essential nutrients needed for the overall development. Deficiency of a single nutrient may hamper the growth and functioning of the body and consequently result in muscle weakness, muscle fatigue, and lower immunity. Therefore, Power Active in combination with other food items helps you in maintaining a well-balanced diet. Power Active can be consumed anytime but taking it for breakfast gives a good kick to your day. One can consume Power Active either before or after exercising to follow an active lifestyle, but there is a no hard and fast rule for its consumption. This product can be taken as per your convenience. Mix one sachet of 35 grams in 150 ml of water or milk. Consume one serving every day.
Human case study on ‘Benefits of Biotin’:
Case study on uses of taurine: