Glutamine is an amino acid that helps in the functioning of the immune system, helps in muscle recovery, improves intestinal health, and is especially beneficial during recovery from surgery. Amino acids are molecules that act like building blocks for proteins. Glutamine exists in two forms- L-glutamine and D- glutamine. The L-glutamine form is found in foods and supplements.
Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid that is produced naturally in our bodies. Glutamine is considered a conditionally essential amino acid- under certain conditions like injury or illness, the body’s glutamine needs increase more than the normal, which is when one must take it from the diet.
Usually, experts experts recommend a direct supplementation of L-glutamine to correct any deficiency, especially during times of high stress or illness. L-glutamine deficiency can occur due to the following reasons:
- Severe infections
- Vigorous exercise
- Radiation treatment
Why Steadfast’s Power Glutamine?
Steadfast Nutrition’s Power Glutamine is available in the free or L- form of Glutamine, making it easier for the cells to absorb. Power Glutamine not only helps decrease muscle soreness but it also improves mass and provides strength. Steadfast Power Glutamine does not contain any added colours, artificial sweeteners, preservatives or thickeners. You can take Power Glutamine at any time of the day. However, strength and endurance athletes should preferably take it at bedtime, between meals, or after a workout. Power Glutamine is available in a sachet form which makes it easy to carry and use. Each sachet serving contains 5g of L-glutamine.
Benefits of Glutamine:
1. Glutamine supports gut function and digestive processes. It may be beneficial for patients dealing with medical issues like:
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Leaky gut
2. Glutamine plays a vital role in maintaining healthy gut microbes and immunity and reduces overgrowth of pathogens. This further prevents issues like constipation and weight gain.
3. Glutamine supports brain health by acting as a precursor to the neurotransmitter glutamate in your brain. An imbalance in the glutamine-glutamate cycle can result in brain problems like epilepsy, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety, depression and even alcohol addiction.
4. Glutamine supplementation helps boost strength and repair skeletal muscles. It allows for quick recovery from intense weight training sessions.
5. Glutamine helps detoxify the of body by converting the excess ammonia into other amino acids, amino sugars, and urea.
6. Glutamine supplementation helps increase resting metabolic rate essential for burning fat, weight loss and building lean muscle mass.
7. It lowers inflammation, speeds up wound healing, and increases the proliferation of immune cells. Therefore, Power Glutamine also works as a powerful immunity booster.
8. Glutamine may help maintain electrolyte balance which prevents dehydration and muscle cramps when consumed during or after a workout.
9. High-intensity exercises might lead to depletion of glutamine levels, thereby leading to the oxidation of BCAA especially leucine. Thus, L-glutamine supplementation helps reduce BCAA oxidation which is much needed for muscle growth and recovery.
Steadfast Nutrition Power Glutamine is used as a supportive recovery supplement that improves gut health and boosts immunity. It helps to absorb and transport nutrients and benefits people suffering from leaky gut and irritable bowel syndrome. It benefits strength and endurance athletes by supporting muscle tissue growth, lowering muscles soreness, relieving pain, and helping in speedy recovery. Simply mix and dissolve one sachet of Power Glutamine in 250-300 ml of water or juice and consume it twice a day.
Human case study on benefits of Glutamine: https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/334880
Leave a comment