Steadfast HerbFast protein is a unique blend of fast-releasing whey protein, herbs and spices along with digestive enzymes and vitamin B complex. Together these promote muscle growth, boost up metabolism, increase immunity, help manage weight, increase energy levels, and improve digestive health. This unique formulation is available in a tasty chocolate flavour. In ancient times when medicines and healthcare facilities were not easily accessible to all, people used to rely on herbs to treat various health problems. Back then, herbs were the only major source for ensuring good health and well-being due to their medicinal properties.
Ingredients added in HerbFast and their health benefits:
- Protein blend (whey protein concentrate + whey protein isolate): Amino acids are the simpler form of protein that gets easily absorbed in body, thereby helping in faster muscle recovery after a workout. They prevent catabolism, provide relief from muscle soreness, and reduce recovery time. The presence of additional supportive herbs with special ingredients further boosts the recovery rate. HerbFast contains the best sources of good quality proteins which have a fast absorption rate and less fat content. It contains a high amount of leucine, the prime anabolic amino acid, that promotes muscle growth. It stimulates protein synthesis and helps regain strength. Protein gives a good satiety value which helps avoid overeating and maintaining weight.
- L-Carnitine: This amino acid helps the body to turn fat into energy. High levels of L-carnitine in the body boosts metabolism, resulting in fat loss. It further aids in strengthening the body’s immune system.
- Taurine: This amino acid is a powerful antioxidant that scavenges free radicals, preventing inflammation and oxidative stress. Taurine helps increase physical stamina and improves athletic performance. It also promotes good mental health and helps reduce anxiety and insomnia. Taurine supplements are widely used to get relief from cramps, muscle soreness, and fatigue.
- Green tea extract: Green tea extract is an excellent source of antioxidants. It contains the compounds catechin and epigallocatechin gallate that help boost metabolism and promote fat burning, resulting in fat loss.
- Ashwagandha extract: Ashwagandha extract helps boost immunity, reduces stress, anxiety, and inflammation, balances hormones, and stabilises blood sugar levels. It also enhances the athletic performance.
- Protease enzyme: The protease enzyme helps in the breakdown of proteins in our body. The addition of these enzymes to HerbFast not only helps in better digestion, but also prevents abdominal discomfort.
- Bromelain: Bromelain is an enzyme extracted from pineapple that breaks down protein into its simpler form. Bromelain is widely used as a supplement to reduce pain and swelling. It also helps treat osteoarthritis, cancer, digestive problems, and muscle soreness.
- Alpha-amylase enzyme: These enzymes are needed for the metabolisation of carbohydrates in the body. The alpha-amylase enzyme also supports our digestive system and boosts energy levels.
Curcuma rhizome powder: Curcuma rhizome powder is extracted from turmeric and supports the complete recovery of athletes due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps in fighting infection and uplifts overall immune health.
- Ginger dry extract: Ginger extract contains a powerful antioxidant gingerol which possesses anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces post-exercise inflammation, muscle soreness and keeps the joints healthy.
- Cinnamon bark extract: Cinnamon is a flavourful spice with many health benefits. It helps in the detoxification of the body and boosts metabolism. Cinnamon contains the compound cinnamate which plays a crucial role in reducing bad cholesterol levels.
- Vitamin B6: Also known as pyridoxine, vitamin B6 helps in the transmission of nerve signals. Our body utilises this vitamin for the synthesis of haemoglobin, and the metabolisation of carbohydrates and proteins.
- Vitamin B3: Niacin is required for approximately 200 enzymatic reactions in the body. It plays a key role in healthy brain functioning and is effective in lowering high cholesterol levels in the body.
- Vitamin B2: Riboflavin helps in the metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. It plays a vital role in the body’s energy supply, and development of the skin and blood cells.
- Vitamin B1: Vitamin B1 is also known as thiamine and helps in the proper functioning of all the tissues. It supports energy metabolism and helps prevent any complications in the nervous system, heart, muscles, and stomach.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 enhances daily activity by assisting in the formation of red blood cells that circulate in our body. It supports the functioning of nervous system and the absorption of folic acid.
- Cocoa: Cocoa powder contains phenethylamine that works best to enhance mood and works as an antidepressant. It also possesses the properties of antioxidant and flavonoid that helps improve heart health. Cocoa powder contains minerals like iron, zinc, and selenium that boost the immune system. It also improves attention and may help restore cognitive performance in people facing insomnia. Magnesium in the cocoa powder helps maintain healthy muscles and nerve functioning.
- Stabilisers (Carboxymethyl cellulose and guar gum): CMC or carboxymethyl cellulose is widely used in food products to absorb and hold water, prevent crystal growth, and works as a thickener or binder. It is also used to increase the shelf life and provide desired texture to the food items. Guar gum is commonly used as an excipient in the production of food items or supplements due to its disintegrating, binding, and thickening properties.
- Sweetener (Sucralose INS955): Artificial sweeteners are derived from naturally-occurring substances like herbs or sugar itself. They are also called intense sweeteners as they are many times sweeter than the commonly used table sugar. Hence, these sweeteners are required in much smaller amounts as compared to sugar.
Directions to consume HerbFast:
Herbfast can be taken by active people, fitness enthusiasts, or weight watchers, at any time of the day, preferably after a workout. Mix one sachet of 30 grams in 200 ml water, shake well, and consume.
Human case study on benefits of green tea extract: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/