Steadfast HerbFizz is a tasty effervescence pill that contains a blend of nine organic herbs and probiotics to help boost your digestive health. This neo-ancient blend consists of superfoods such as spinach, aloe vera extract, lemongrass, ocimum, chlorella, wheatgrass, mentha, moringa, spirulina, and Bacillus coagulans as a probiotic. Together these ingredients help detoxify the body, improve gastrointestinal health, and boost immunity naturally.
Ingredients and their significance:
1. Citric acid: Citric acid citrate or is widely used to adjust the pH or add sour flavour to foods and beverages. It is naturally present in citrus fruit such as orange, lime, lemon, grapes, and pineapple. Citric acid is also commonly used as a natural preservative in supplements, tablets, packaged foods, and beverages.
2. Sodium bicarbonate: High-intensity workouts can result in the production and accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles, which may cause an acidic environment in the body, affecting the overall athletic performance. Sodium bicarbonate helps resolve this issue by lowering fatigue and balancing the pH of the body.
3. Potassium bicarbonate: Potassium bicarbonate is commonly used as an antacid- a medication that neutralises the stomach’s acid). It also functions as an electrolyte replenisher by treating low levels of potassium in the body to avoid dehydration and potassium deficiency. It also works as an excipient agent in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of proteins, dietary fibre, vitamin A, C, K, folic acid, iron, and calcium. Spinach fights free radicals, oxidative stress, and possesses anti-cancer properties because of its high antioxidant content. It helps maintain good eye health since it contains carotenoids, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which help prevent macular degeneration and cataracts.
5. Vitamins: Vitamins belong to the category of micronutrients that are needed by humans in small quantities. These vitamins are majorly required to come through diet because human body either does not produce them at all or in very less quantity. HerbFizz contains vitamins like vitamin A- which promotes healthy skin and and vision, vitamin C- which increases iron absorption and enhances immunity, vitamin E- a powerful antioxidant that protects the cells from harmful free radicals, and B-vitamins like B5, B6 and B12 which improve the energy levels and support the brain function and cell metabolism. Besides these vitamins, HerbFizz also contains an important mineral- zinc, that helps in wound healing, protein synthesis, and supports the functioning of blood vessels.
6. Aloe-Vera Extract: Aloe vera is alkaline. Hence, it is beneficial for people suffering from acid reflux and heartburn. It hydrates naturally, relieves constipation, and avoids dehydration. By naturally eliminating toxins from the body, aloe vera keeps the liver and kidneys healthy. It is also rich in calcium, copper, chromium, selenium, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and manganese.
7. Ocimum: Tulsi, also known by the scientific name Ocimum, is a powerful detoxifier with antibacterial qualities. It improves cognitive abilities by acting as an anxiolytic and anti-depressant. Tulsi keeps blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood cholesterol levels in balance. It lowers the risk of developing numerous metabolic disorders.
8. Wheatgrass: Wheatgrass, derived from the Triticum aestivum plant, is rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, phytonutrients, proteins, and vitamins A, C, and E. This superfood possesses powerful antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Wheatgrass helps in toxin removal, intestinal cleansing, increases metabolism, improves immunity, controls blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and reduces stress. Wheatgrass can also help people with arthritis and joint discomfort by reducing inflammation.
9. Chlorella: Chlorella is a type of algae that contains healthy omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, which prevent the build-up of bad cholesterol in the body, thereby lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease. Chlorella contains micronutrients such as riboflavin, iron, zinc, and magnesium. High in antioxidants, chlorella helps scavenge free radicals and maintain the health of cells and tissue.
10. Lemongrass: Lemongrass is a herb that is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. It helps in the removal of excess salt from the body and prevents water retention due to its diuretic effects. It maintains the health of our stomach lining and helps avoid digestive problems. Its high antioxidant content is also beneficial to the blood vessels and lowers the risk of stroke and cancer.
11. Mentha: Mentha, sometimes known as mint, is a refreshing aromatic herb. Mentha is naturally antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-spasmodic. It improves digestion and absorption by stimulating bile secretion.
12. Moringa: Moringa, commonly known as drumstick or horseradish, is a plant rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, B6, C, magnesium, and iron. Moringa contains two powerful antioxidants quercetin and chlorogenic acid- which help to keep the blood pressure and glucose levels in check.
13. Spirulina: Spirulina is a type of algae and has a good protein content. It contains all essential amino acids, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarians and vegans. Spirulina is rich in nutrients such as riboflavin, thiamine, iron, and copper. Due to its rich nutritional profile, astronauts take spirulina throughout their space missions.
14. Lemon flavour: Lemon is one of the most commonly used flavours in the food and supplement industry. The lemon flavour is also used in effervescent tablets to enhance its flavour and taste.
15. Orange flavour: Orange flavour is widely used in medicines to mask their bitter taste. This flavour is mostly used for orally consumed products such as syrups, chewable tablets, effervescent tablets, or gums that provide beneficial health effects.
16. Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2: Lactic acid bacteria are Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2 bacterium. Bacillus coagulans can easily survive in an acidic environment, making it ideal for people suffering from acidity, heartburn, or acid reflux. This probiotic is also useful in lowering inflammation and alleviating stomach disorders like diarrhoea, discomfort, constipation, and flatulence.
17. Compritol: Compritol is a lipid excipient, generally used as an emulsifying agent or as a glyceride that helps modify the release of the active ingredients of a supplement or a tablet. It can also be used as a lubricant in tablets or capsules.
18. CC Sodium: Carboxymethylcellulose sodium is commonly used as a disintegrant in the pharmaceutical industry. Disintegrants facilitate the breakup of a tablet in the intestinal tract after oral administration. A disintegrant allows tablets and capsules to break down rapidly into primary particles, thereby helping the release of active ingredients.
19. Sucralose: Sucralose or INS 955, is an artificial sweetener derived from naturally occurring substances such as herbs or sugar itself. Artificial sweeteners are a good alternative to sucrose (white sugar), as they do not contain any calories. Since sucralose is about 400–800 times sweeter than sucrose, just a small amount is enough to add sweetness to any food or beverage as compared to the amount of regular sugar.
20. Mannitol: Mannitol is a member of the sugar alcohol (polyols) family. It is approximately 60% as sweet as sucrose and provides few calories. Mannitol can withstand a high melting point and does not discolour even at high temperatures. This feature makes it an ideal choice to be used in pharmaceutical products and nutritional supplements.
Steadfast HerbFizz is excellent for improving immune health and compensates for many important nutrients depleted due to our stressful schedules and lives. It is a good source of daily nourishment. The effervescent tablet form makes it more accessible and easier to consume, especially for individuals having trouble swallowing the tablets. Dissolve and take one tablet in 150 ml of water, twice or thrice a day preferably with a meal or as directed by your health professional.
Human case study on benefits of wheat grass: https://www.chemijournal.com/vol2issue4/dec2014/2-3-9.1.pdf