Collagen is the most widely present protein in the body and is used to make connective tissue. Collagen is responsible for skin’s elasticity and healthy joints. With ageing, collagen breaks down, making it more difficult for the body to produce more. Consequently, more people are getting inclined towards collagen supplements. While powder supplements are the most common, collagen is also available in form of capsules and liquid supplements.
Why Steadfast Collastead?
Steadfast Collastead helps reduce signs of ageing like wrinkles and dry skin by boosting the collagen levels. It also strengthens nails, makes hair thicker and stronger, promotes muscle synthesis and acts as a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce oxidative stress and cell damage. Steadfast collastead is derived from marine fish with additional benefits of rosehip extract and vitamin C. Type 1 collagen, a major component of our skin, tendons, muscles, bones and other connective tissues. Type 1 collagen is easily absorbable as compared to the other types. The amino acid Glycine in collastead possesses strong anti-inflammatory properties which suppress the activity of certain inflammation-causing cytokines.
Ingredients and their benefits:
1. Collagen peptide: Collagen peptide is a bioavailable form of collagen and gets easily absorbed in the digestive tract due to its low molecular weight. Collagen peptides help revive damaged skin, weak nails and brittle hair and improve the symptoms of osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis by lowering the joint pain and inflammation. They also help in maintaining and improving bone density, thereby reducing the risk of injury. Collagen peptide is also beneficial for athletes as it improves their recovery and functioning of joints.
2. Rosehip Extract Powder: Rosehip is packed with vitamins like- vitamin C, E and B, antioxidants and minerals. It helps to fight inflammation and reduces pain caused due to osteoarthritis. Rosehip also fights ageing, its seeds have high polyunsaturated fat content which promotes a healthy skin membrane. It may also boost heart health by reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. L-ascorbic acid: Ascorbic acid is a form of vitamin C found naturally in most fruits and vegetables. Ascorbic acid has good bioavailability and acts as an important co-factor during collagen biosynthesis.
4. Additives: An additive performs various roles in food items or supplements such as providing smooth and consistent texture, preserving the nutrient value, reducing the chances of spoilage due to environmental factors, controlling the acid-base balance of foods and enhancing its colour and flavour.
5. Acidity regulator (INS 330): INS 330 is widely used in foods and drinks to add a sour taste, enhance flavour, and adjust their pH. Its acidic pH prevents bacterial growth. It also delays the oxidation process in foods items or supplements, thereby increasing their shelf life.
6. Artificial sweeteners (INS 955, INS 950): INS 955 is acesulfame potassium and INS 950 is sucralose. Artificial sweeteners are derived from naturally occurring substance like herbs or sugar itself. Artificial sweeteners are also called intense sweeteners as they are many times sweeter than the commonly used table sugar. Hence, these sweeteners are required to be added in much smaller amounts as compared to sugar.
Steadfast Collagen is a great choice for anyone looking to improve their skin and hair health. It is also beneficial for strength and endurance athletes who want to improve their athletic performance. Athletes also feel a lot of pressure on their joints and bones. Therefore, Collastead protects their joints, ligaments and tendons from damage and improves their joint movement and flexibility. As we age, our collagen stores tend to get depleted. Hence its crucial to maintain adequate collagen levels in our body through supplementation for maintaining the overall health and well-being. Steadfast Collastead can be consumed at any point of time during the day and can be enjoyed in two flavours - blueberry and fruit punch.
Human case study on benefits of collagen peptides: https://www.jmnn.org/article.asp?issn=2278-1870;year=2015;volume=4;issue=1;spage=47;epage=53;aulast=Borumand